Sunday, April 15, 2012

#7: Happiest Moments

There are few things in life that bring you true elation. Most of the time, these things are rather odd, or they make perfect sense. Here's a list of probably some of the best moments of my life:
1. Going to the Fun. concert on March 3rd, 2012. Seeing my favorite band live was probably one of the most uplifting nights I have ever had. I got introduced to Sleeper Agent, which is an incredible band. That night was, for lack of better words, absolutely perfect.
2. The anime convention where I met Peter and Dan and cosplayed as Akito. The friends I made and had there gave me more faith in the world. I had so much fun with Mik and everyone else. Anime conventions are always exhilarating and I always know for sure that when I go to one, I'm surrounded by people that love the exact same things that I do.
3. Walking around in a forest with my camera. It gave me a lot of time to think about life, and even though I found that area with someone that was rather special to me, I still went there the day after we broke up, despite the memories. But it proved to bring me a lot better opportunities than I had thought. I took some of my best photos there. And it helped me look into the present, not the past.
4. Watching Harold and Maude. This movie brought so many laughs, and it showed me that even though people have certain rules about love, when you find love, it is so right, no matter what. A person who was so obsessed with death fell in love with someone so in love with life. It was a beautiful movie and even at the end, I was smiling.
5. Being woken up by Keren-ha by her excited declaration telling me it was raining. I smile when I think about this memory, just two best friends who found happiness in the simplest things. We went outside and started dancing in the rain, laughing and giggling and running around. Afterwards we wrapped ourselves in a beach towel and sat on the terrace, looking at the rain. It was a moment of peace and elation alike.
6. Reading Paper Towns. This book has a lot more meaning to me than any other book I think I've read before. It helped me make a really important decision that honestly changed a lot of my life. While reading that book, I realized that you can't please everyone. You can't bend like paper to satisfy someone else. That in the end, you need to be yourself or you'll be driven off the edge. This book taught me a lesson, and I don't know what I would have done without it.

There are so many other memories I could talk about, but now I'm getting overwhelmed with rather pointless memories and can't think of anything else. But please, I would love to hear of some of your favorite memories, simple moments when you felt like things were right in the world.

date on penny is 1995, date collected is 4/15/2012

By the way, happy birthday, Lily! I can't believe you're finally a legal adult. I'm going to miss you so incredibly much when you leave us to go off to college. I hope this year is an incredible one for you.

1 comment:

  1. ^^ that's one of the best moments of my life too and I'm glad that I was able to share it with one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete